Today we celebrate Father’s Day. It is a day we honor our fathers who have taken on the responsibility of raising the next generation. To be a Christian parent in today’s world is a difficult task. Below are some Bible verses to remind us of the importance of raising our children to follow Jesus.
10 Reminders for Fathers:
1. Godly fathers begin with a fear of the Lord. (Proverbs 14:26)
2. Fathers set the tone for the spiritual development in their home. (Joshua 24:15)
3. The most important role of fatherhood: Teach your children about God. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9)
4. Children are a gift from God, a rich blessing. Enjoy them. (Psalms 127:3-5)
5. Raise your children with a biblical worldview. (Proverbs 22:6)
6. Teach your children to seek the wisdom of God. (Proverbs 23:24)
7. Show your children that you seek the wisdom of God. (Proverbs 20:7)
8. Discipline your children out of love; their future depends on it. (Proverbs 3:11-12)
9. Parenting is for a season. Marriage is for a lifetime. Be a good husband. (Genesis 2:24)
10. God desires a strong relationship between fathers and their children. (Malachi 4:6)
Please join me in praying for fathers everywhere. God our Father, thank you for the men of God who raise their children to love you. Help fathers everywhere to depend on you and your Word as they raise the next generation. May their children know you and learn to love you because their fathers helped show them the way. Amen.
Happy Father’s Day!
-Rev. Patrick Quinn